Monday 16 February 2009

work in progress...

I've finally bitten the bullet and tried my hand at a little handstitching.  And what fun it is...

 
little matroyshka dolls

You can get the gorgeous little pattern for making these dolls here on Rachel's four wise monkeys blog!  She made it herself, I only wish I could say I'd made it all up myself - it's so super awesome!

I loved practising my french knots and trying my hand at a little bit of satin stitch, now all I need to do is sew these up to make little softies to add to Bree's birthday pressie...  I am making a wee crocheted purse for these to go inside. :)  I just can't believe my baby is going to be nine!!!

4 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Very cool! I have been hoping to try this pattern out too.

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

beautiful job! thanks for shareing! huggs Marion

rachelmp said...

They look fantastic!

Gail said...

Wow, those are great! I've just bought a couple of embrodiery frames ... hoping that I will find the time to sit and do something with them!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors