Friday 24 October 2008

Cast Off Twirl

In honour of finally getting the cast off my arm, I've designed a new cloth. I've called it the "Cast Off Twirl", which should speak for itself!

Yay, I can knit again! Although I need to take it slower, or the pain comes back. Apparently I now have tendonitis, whatever that is...

Anyway, here it is, a new pattern from the sew-funky brain!

CAST OFF TWIRL


Materials: 1 ball worsted weight cotton yarn, size 4.5 mm needles. I used I used Anchor Magiclene for this cloth, which gave it a lovely effect. I also made it up by using the various cotton oddments that I have in my stash. It's a great way to use them all up!

Instructions:
Cast on 15 stitches.
This cloth is made up of 10 wedges, all exactly the same. When you finish knitting a wedge, you just carry on knitting the next one. Then the edge is sewn together, the threads are sewn in and the cloth is complete. :)

Every wedge:
Row 1 & all odd rows: K.
Row 2: K3, YO, K2tog, K3, YO, K to last st, turn.
Row 4: K3, YO, K2tog, K3, YO, K to last 2 sts, turn.
Row 6: K3, YO, K2tog, K3, YO, K to last 3 sts, turn.
Row 8: K3, YO, K2tog, K3, YO, K to last 4 sts, turn.
Row 10: K3, YO, K2tog, K3, YO, K to last 5 sts, turn.
Row 12: K3, YO, K2tog, K3, YO, K to last 6 sts, turn.
Row 14: Cast off 6 sts, K to end of row.

Repeat this wedge 9 more times, and then join the seams. :)

You can find a printable version of this pattern here: Free Dishcloth Patterns from sew-funky.blogspot.com.


6 comments:

Knittinannie said...

Wow! this is so pretty with all the
different colours! Love the suggestion about the using of the little bits of cotton yarn we have

Thanks for the pattern & soo glad
your arm is better

Anonymous said...

Another great cloth, how do you do it???
Susan (ladybuglocker)

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

Im estatic that your back!!! I love this cloth you are so so imanageitive! I have missed your zest but am happy your arm is better! God Bless and huggs Marion

Anonymous said...

Yippee! Welcome back to the world of knitting and designing. I LOVE your designs and was thrilled to see your newest. I have printed it out and hope to cast on today.

Christine G said...

What a great idea!!! I am definitely bookmarking it. I love frugal ideas like this for really using up those bits of leftovers! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

The Bowlin's said...

i agree your mind is amazing and i don't know how you do it, thinking up new patterns!!! but you know your heart is amazing too. thanks for all your help today, you are a great friend!!! thanks to you too mr. sew-funky and the girls

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors