Monday 23 February 2009

getting creative with the kids...

Today, Hope and Briahna had an unexpected day off school. The car broke down on the weekend, and so I had no way of getting them to school, a 15 minute drive on the motorway...

Aimee is lucky or is that unlucky?, she get's to go to school by taxi and so wasn't affected by the car breakdown.

I don't think they were too unhappy about it, except that Hope was unhappy that she'd be missing out on sewing at school. Once a fortnight she and her classmates travel by bus to Maramarua school to do what we called "manual", but what they call "tech". I have been thoroughly educated today! LOL!

So, because she couldn't go, and because we all know I've been surgically attached to my machine...

Hope made draw-string bags to go with the shortie pyjama's I made her out of some long ones last night! I am loving how much my daughters are taking on frugal and fun crafting... I guess we don't realise just how much we influence our children just by how we live our lives.

photo's by Hope (age 12)


Briahna and I worked together to design and make a little outfit for her pumpkin patch bear, Honey...

photo's by Briahna (age 8)

I'm so proud of how excellent the photographs of Honey are! I know she was working with a really photogenic model, but look at all the angles she took the pictures from, very artistic... I think she may be taking after her parents in the talent stakes! ;) I had absolutely nothing to do with the footage, I just sent Briahna outside with the camera and Honey in hand, and she worked her magic!!!

I am also proud of myself, because after years of being afraid of sewing knit fabric, I finally bit the bullet and sewed the neat little t-shirt Honey is wearing! There were only one or two swear words spoken, too! Simply amazing.

Not sure, if I should make days of school so fun though! I might find it difficult getting them to school tomorrow... hehehe! ;)

6 comments:

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

Wow I love the pj bag! And the photos of the cute little bear! She did a wonderful job! Love the bears little top! These are the things good memories are made of! Cherish these moments they grow up too too quickly! Huggs Marion

PaisleyJade said...

What neat photo's they took. The bears top is amazing and I love the little bag too!

Little Miss Flossy said...

See what I get to do all day... It's great fun, isn't it? Love that they photographed their finished products - wonderful!

Anonymous said...

The bags are adorable and Honey is just too cute in his new outfit.

Allyson Hill said...

The bags are hilarious!

Jodz said...

I love the pj bag. What a neat day you had.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors