Tuesday 10 February 2009

a little bit of sewing...

A new pencil case for Bree....

I made one for Aimee on the weekend forgot to photograph it :( and then Bree wanted one too! Next thing I know Hope will be asking me for one, she hasn't YET! Thank goodness, as the one thing I hate to do is to sew zippers in.



My sewing machine is playing up a little bit, grrrr! And so I'll need to put it in for a service. Yet another expense I don't need at the moment, especially since Bree needs to see an orthodontist soon!

I think I may have to implement the no spend challenge very soon, just so I can pay for everything that's coming up.

9 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

You clever girl... I have never sewn a zipper ever! (one thing I must do before I die! hehe). We just had the dental nurse tell us that 3 of our kids need to see an orthadontist... arrrggghhh!

Anonymous said...

I don't mind doing zips as long as they aren't on the front of pants, anywhere else is fine :-) Love the love cloths in your shop, they are so cute :-)

Jona Panesa said...

it is really lovely pencil case. better start making for Hope.

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

beautiful job! I hate adding zippers! Mostly on clothes. Oh Barbie is putting together a valentiens card to send your way! Yes it will be late! LOL Huggs Marion

Jodz said...

Great pencil case. I, personally don't do zippers as they scare me.
I like the NO SPEND challenge. Thanks for putting us onto that.

Allyson Hill said...

Ugh, I hate having my machine serviced! The "no spend challenge" is very interesting, thanks for sharing! I'm seriously going to look into the details of that.

Dorothy Noreen Hunter-Talbot said...

I hate to admit that I don't sew and don't even own a sewing machine, your blog has definitely made me think about buying a sewing machine and learning how to make things. Your work is truly inspiring.

Gail said...

What a cool case! I think my Miss5 would love it if i gave that a go .... although it might have to be velcro. not sure about going the whole-hog and do the zip thing!

Normatika said...

Beaut pencil case. Love your use of colourful fabrics.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors