Monday 9 February 2009

the LOVE cloth

To celebrate love day, I’ve designed a special cloth.

Just because I want to, and because I can! :)



Using 4mm needles and 100% worsted weight cotton yarn, cast on 12 stitches.

Wedge 1 use red yarn:
Row 1 & all odd stitches: K until last 3 stitches, P2, K1.
Row 2: K3, YO, K until last stitch, turn.
Row 4: K3, YO, K until last 2 stitches, turn.
Row 6: K3, YO, K until last 3 stitches, turn.
Row 8: K3, YO, K2tog, K until last 4 stitches, turn.
Row 10: K3, K2tog, K until last 5 stitches, turn.
Row 12: K3, K2 tog, K until last 6 stitches, turn.
Row 14: K3, K2tog, K to end of row.

Wedge 2
use pink or white yarn:
Row 1 & all odd stitches: K until last 3 stitches, P2, K1.
Row 2: K until last stitch, turn.
Row 4: K until last 2 stitches, turn.
Row 6: K until last 3 stitches, turn.
Row 8: K until last 4 stitches, turn.
Row 10: K until last 5 stitches, turn.
Row 12: K until last 6 stitches, turn.
Row 14: K to end of row.

This cloth is made up of 9 wedges. Begin with wedge one, then knit wedge two, then wedge one twice, wedge two, wedge one twice, wedge two, ending by doing wedge one once more. On the last wedge, you can either cast off on Row 14 or using kitchener stitch knit the last row and the cast on row together, making sure you have the right sides together. Then sew up the circle in the middle, sew in the loose threads and you're done!


I based the cloth on the February Baby Wavy cloth. And you can make it to that pattern if you want the wedges to be shaped like petals all around. See the pic below:



And to make it even easier to print, I know how hard it can be to print from a blog, go here to download this pattern as a PDF file. :) Free Dishcloth Patterns from sew-funky.blogspot.com.

3 comments:

a Knitting Junkie! said...

So. Cute. I can't wait to make one! Thanks for sharing hun.
Big Hugs,
Anita
a Knitting Junkie

rosehippo said...

Mmm, you've given me the perfect thing to knit for my mom for VDAY! I love your wedge cloths. :D

Dorothy Noreen Hunter-Talbot said...

Another wonderful cloth to add to my collection.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors