Sunday 1 February 2009

Cloth of the month | February 2009

This Pattern makes a small cloth suitable for using as a baby washcloth, especially if knitted in a bamboo/cotton yarn.

February 2009


Baby Wavy Cloth

Using 4mm needles and 100% worsted weight cotton yarn, cast on 12 stitches.

Row 1 & all odd stitches: K until last 3 stitches, P2, K1.
Row 2: K3, YO, K until last stitch, turn.
Row 4: K3, YO, K until last 2 stitches, turn.
Row 6: K3, YO, K until last 3 stitches, turn.
Row 8: K3, YO, K2tog, K until last 4 stitches, turn.
Row 10: K3, K2tog, K until last 5 stitches, turn.
Row 12: K3, K2 tog, K until last 6 stitches, turn.
Row 14: K3, K2tog, K to end of row.

This cloth is made up of around 8 wedges, exactly the same. On the last wedge, you can either cast off on Row 14 or using kitchener stitch knit the last row and the cast on row together, making sure you have the right sides together. Then sew up the circle in the middle, sew in the loose threads and you're done!

Come back the week before Valentines Day for a special LOVE cloth... :)

And to make it even easier to print, I know how hard it can be to print from a blog, go here to download this pattern as a PDF file. :) Free Dishcloth Patterns from sew-funky.blogspot.com.


6 comments:

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

What a special Lady you are!!! Thank you for shareing with all of us! Beautiful cloths!! And thanks for visiting my web sight!!! Barbie will be sending a card in the mail soon and an email as well. God Bless!!!

Jodz said...

Oh yey! Can't wait to make it. I have made your last one but my camera and computer are not speaking the same language at the moment and I can't upload any photos :(

The Journey said...

I love your blog and would love to enter for fabric. The knitted baby pattern was great thanks.

http:www.handmedownrose.blogspot.com

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a great pattern - it would be so soft in the bamboo yarn!!

Anonymous said...

this is lovely! I am paying the Great Stash Busting Giveaway blogs a visit and stumbled upon this beauty :)
I have started a crafting community portal and would happy to include this pattern in it.
You can take a look, join us and post it if you like: http://domoshar.net

naomi said...

Ooh I think I feel the need to make your lovely cloth! Thanks!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors