Wednesday 4 March 2009

Cloth of the month | March 2009

I decided to deviate from my usual circular short row cloths this month, and I've made a octagonal cloth.  It is similar to the average granny cloth to knit up.  Very easy!
March Cloth

Octagonal Cloth

I used a bamboo yarn that I picked up from Spotlight...   It knits up looking like army camo!  I used 4mm needles.

CO 21 sts.
*Knit one row.
then; increase at each end of the next row, by knitting into the front and back of first and last stitches.* 
Repeat until you have 45 stitches on your needles.
Knit 30 rows without increasing or decreasing.
*then; decrease at each end of row, by knitting two stitches together.
Next row; knit row.*
Repeat until you have 21 stitches on your needles.
Bind off and sew in the ends.

For easy printing, I know how hard it can be to print from a blog, go here to download this pattern as a PDF file. :) Free Dishcloth Patterns from sew-funky.blogspot.com.


1 comment:

Jeanie said...

HI... I just made the Octagonal Cloth and by far its my favorite cloth ever, Mine doesnt look quite like yours, on mine i dont seem to have as much at the beginning and ending of the cloth, the increase and decrease section. Am i suppose to knit rows in between the increase and decrease rows? At any rate I Love the cloth, thanks so much for making it available for us.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors