Monday 11 August 2008

another baby star is formed...

I really like this pattern, it's quick, easy and I love how it turns out. This time I made it with two strands of 6ply cotton that my good friend Lianne found on a opshop expedition she made last Wednesday. Love the colours!!! :)

I changed the pattern so that it had a seed stitch edge.

Baby Star with Seed Edge

Materials: 2 balls 6ply cotton yarn, size 4mm needles.

Instructions:
Cast on 12 stitches.
This cloth is made up of 7 wedges, all exactly the same. Then the edge is sewn together, the threads are sewn in and the cloth is complete. :)

Every wedge:

Row 1 and all odd rows: K to last 2 stitches, P1, K1.
Row 2: K1, P1, K1, YO, K to last st, turn.
Row 4: K1, P1, K1, YO, K to last 2 sts, turn.
Row 6: K1, P1, K1, YO, K to last 3 sts, turn.
Row 8: K1, P1, K1, YO, K to last 4 sts, turn.
Row 10: K1, P1, K1, YO, K to last 5 sts, turn.
Row 12: K1, P1, K1, YO, K to last 6 sts, turn.
Row 14: K1, P1, K1, YO, K to last 7 sts, turn.
Row 16: K1, P1, K1, YO, K to last 8 sts, turn.
Row 18: K1, P1, K1, YO, K to last 9 sts, turn.
Row 20: Cast off 9 sts, K to end of row.

You can find a printable version of this pattern here: Free Dishcloth Patterns from sew-funky.blogspot.com.


No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors