Wednesday 4 June 2008

Cutting Edge Cloth

Materials: 1 ball worsted weight cotton yarn, size 4mm needles. I used Sugar'n Cream - Landscape for this cloth. I was given the yarn in the Spring Fling swap, thanks so much Andrea. I think this cloth would look great in bright colours, which I may try later...

Instructions:
Cast on 22 stitches.
This cloth is made up of 8 wedges, all exactly the same. Then the edge is sewn together, the threads are sewn in and the cloth is complete. :)

Every wedge:
Row 1 and all odd rows: K across to last 8 stitches, P8.
Row 2: K1, YO, K to last st, turn.
Row 4: K2, YO, K to last 2 sts, turn.
Row 6: K3, YO, K to last 3 sts, turn.
Row 8: K4, YO, K to last 4 sts, turn.
Row 10: K5, YO, K to last 5 sts, turn.
Row 12: K6, YO, K to last 6 sts, turn.
Row 14: Cast off 6 sts, YO, K to last 7 sts, turn.
Row 16: K2, YO, K to last 8 sts, turn.
Row 18: K3, YO, K to last 9 sts, turn.
Row 20: K4, YO, K to last 10 sts, turn.
Row 22: K5, YO, K to last 11 sts, turn.
Row 24: K6, YO, K to last 12 sts, turn.
Row 26: Cast off 6 sts, K to end of row.

You can find a printable version of this pattern here: Free Dishcloth Patterns from sew-funky.blogspot.com.

4 comments:

alcatmom said...

The new look is awesome! Mr. Sew-Funky dun good. Thanks for another great pattern!
Anna

Jodz said...

I love this cool cloth. Your new blog look is AWESOME.

penney said...

I Love your dishcloths they are so easy to make and fun too. Thanks so much
Penney

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I love the look of this one - nice soft colour you have selected! I will have to whip one up.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors