Monday 16 June 2008

hex-a-cloth

A brand new cloth - simple by design - hexagon by shape.


Materials: 1 ball worsted weight cotton yarn, size 4mm needles. I used Sugar'n Cream - Key Lime Pie for this cloth. I was given the yarn in the Spring Fling swap, thanks so much Andrea.

Instructions:
Cast on 18 stitches.
This cloth is made up of 6 wedges, all exactly the same. Basically when you come to the end of a wedge, knit another wedge using the stitches on the needle. Each wedge should start with 18 stitches. Then the edge is sewn together, the threads are sewn in and the cloth is complete. :)

Every wedge:
Row 1 and all odd rows: K across to last 3 stitches, P3.
Row 2: K to last st (17), turn.
Row 4: K to last 2 sts (16), turn.
Row 6: K to last 3 sts (15), turn.
Row 8: K to last 4 sts (14), turn.
Row 10: K to last 5 sts (13), turn.
Row 12: K to last 6 sts (12), turn.
Row 14: K to last 7 sts (11), turn.
Row 16: K to last 8 sts (10), turn.
Row 18: K to last 9 sts (9), turn.
Row 20: K to last 10 sts (8), turn.
Row 22: K to last 11 sts (7), turn.
Row 24: K to last 12 sts (6), turn.
Row 26: K to last 13 sts (5), turn.
Row 28: K to last 14 sts (4), turn.
Row 30: K across the row.

You can find a printable version of this pattern here: Free Dishcloth Patterns from sew-funky.blogspot.com.

8 comments:

Jodz said...

You are so clever. I don't know how you manage to come up with your own patterns, and that they all look so good.

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

thanks for the wonderful pattern your awsome!! Marion

knittinggranny54 said...

it is really pretty. thanks for sharing the pattern
grandma steph

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the different looking cloth. I will add it to my to-do list.
(Which I will hope to have mostly done by Christmas.)

Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca

Anonymous said...

I have been making your cloth that you did withe the anchore magicline yarn and I can'r seem to stop making them,they are so nice and addictive thank you for sharing.Mary B

Helen-Miss Mermaid said...

What an awesome cloth! I am at the very end and wondering if I bind off before stitching the two edges together or stitch each live stitch to the other side?
Thank yo uso much for posting this - my sister is going to love it : )

sewfunky said...

Hi Helen, I always knit the stitches to the other side and bind off that way, but... It's okay to bind off and then stitch together. I don't really think their is a right/wrong way to do it!

Anonymous said...

I somehow stumbled upon your wonderful page of circular cloths, and I don't want to knit anything else. They are great! Thank you, thank you very much.

Nancy Marple

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors