Thursday 30 October 2008

vintage teatowel | 1987

If you could actually call 1987 vintage... I guess it's more retro! :)

I have been wondering how I could display some of my nicer/cuter retro teatowel's . They're great inspiration when you're going through a craft block (think | writers block for crafters!). I have some neat ones, but this one is by far the cutest. My sister, Rebekah, sent it to me in the sisters box way back in July. Don't worry Bex, I haven't forgotten to send it back to you filled with goodies, it's just with the wrist break and being unable to drive for 6 weeks, I was somewhat housebound. That has all changed this week, and so I'm running out of excuses...

the gorgeous teatowel - I just think they're so cute!
It could be Me and Mr Sew-Funky!!!

Anyway, I digress, what I'm here to show you is how I overcame the display problem by taking an old unframed print that was stuck on board and using a few metal clips I got from the opshop about 3 months ago (I knew one day they'd come in handy! LOL).

The monet print that was taking up space in the garage...

the doggie clips - picked up from the op shop for $1

Take a look at the finished result - something great for my cutting/work table. :)

I love it, it's so cutesy and sweet.

In 1987, I was 14 and I probably don't want to ever go back to that age again!!! Teenage angst etc. :( Still it meant I was another year older and closer to becoming independent! What were you doing in 1987?

Remember to enter the draw to win Amanda Blake Soule's book - the creative family here on my blog. Today is the last day to enter - I'll pick a winner in about 10 hours time! :D

3 comments:

CurlyPops said...

That's so sweet! Great hanging idea.

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

I love the tea towel!!! And in 1987 I was 30 yrs old had 3 children and had been married for 10 yrs. Oh geesh did you have to remind me of how old I am!!!! My oldest was 9 then and my boys where 7 and 6 yrs old. Good memories though so thanks for that!!!! Now they are 31, 29,28 or around that. Getting so old I would have to do the math lmao. Hopeing I win the book!!!! wish me luck! Marion

The Bowlin's said...

i was 5!! lol wow

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors