Wednesday 30 January 2008

a gathered skirt of my very own!

So I was thinking, I could use the measurement equation of the girl's gathered skirt instructions to make my own. I used some fabric I bought out of the remnant bin at Spotlight ($4). And here are the results:

The skirt is made out of light cotton, so fantastic for the heat-wave we are experiencing here. The skirt design makes it great for twirling in! Yes, I'm a kid at heart!!! :D


Note You may have noticed the "Bad Guy" painting in the background of the first photograph. My wonderful husband, Jonathan, painted it on our back wall. It's the beginning of a great mural that the kid's are going to join in on. With one week of school holidays to go, they needed something fun to take the edge off the end of the six week long break. Stay tuned for more updates on the wall project!

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors