Saturday 23 February 2008

softies; meet ellie the elephant

My daughter, Briahna, is going to be 8 this time next week - eeek! Anyway, she loves elephants and so I am busy making her lot's of elephant themed presents. I've made an elephant finger puppet, a knitted elephant (what I learnt double pointed knitting for!) and now this cute little softie. I am going to make an elephant facecloth and a appliqued bag too!

an idea is formed

(this will become the applique for the bag!)
a softie is created
This idea has been brewing in my head for about a month now. I think it would make a great baby softie (without the button eyes!). Speaking of the buttons, they are some really old vintage buttons I got from my grandmothers collection - aren't they gorgeous!!!

I will post more pics of my elephant creations next week, when a certain someone is at school!

1 comment:

CurlyPops said...

That is such a cute softie!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors