Sunday 7 September 2008

Did I ever tell you I was an addict?

Maybe I did, maybe I didn't... The truth is I am a craft addict and when I discover something I like doing, I do it until I get totally sick of the sight of it, that I stop. And stop means I don't pick it up for a few years. Anyway, that's a bit of a side issue...

I've discovered another new addiction, one not as big as the dishcloth one, but nearing it... ;)

I've discovered how neat it is to make pincushions... yes, I know that makes me weird and slightly unusual (I didn't use the word crazy, but you could... LOL).


Yesterday I went to the local op shop and discovered 3 little ramekins that were perfect for making pincushions and at 50c a piece I could hardly leave them there, could I?! :)


So I spent the afternoon making pincushions, while my 3 girls made coupons and cards for father's day.

number 1 pincushion
(with added blood when I pricked my finger)

Number 2 Pincushion (the cupcake!)
Number 3 Pincushion
(I used some quilting scraps that my friend Cathy gave me - so easy!)
Number 4 Pincushion
(using an old candle holder - I love this one the best!)
I don't know what I'll do with so many pincushions... I now have too many to count. LOL!

Speaking of addictions, I have another confession. I LOVE teacup's and so you'll understand why my heart did a flip when I saw this little set at the same op shop I got the little ramekins from.


Isn't it gorgeous! I just love the delicate little pastel flowers. I couldn't leave it there and so I brought it home to join my little collection. :)

And look at this gorgeous bullion embroidery book I won on trademe! Take special care to look at the second picture. My heart about flipped out of my chest when I saw this pattern - it's a must make!!!


I trust everyone else is having a fantastic weekend and that the dad's out there (probably none read this blog) are having a great father's day! :)

1 comment:

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

Ok at the risk I have missed your location before, Where are you again? Funny thing is I have an aussie calendar a wonderful friend sent me and it says tommarrow is Fathers day. Here in the states its in June or something im not sure but not in Sept! I just adore your pincushions, Im selling mine in my esty store, have sold 2 so far. Can relate to your once you make one why not a dozen or more. Love your seconed time around store finds too. Wish I was with you to go too!!! Huggs Marion

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors