Tuesday 16 September 2008

yummy mug cake and a wee update...

I have discovered the most delicious chocolate cake recipe ever...

For those times when you have that urge and nothing else will do!

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg (I used half an egg)
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips(optional)
A small splash of vanilla essence
1 coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla essence, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. EAT!
(this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).


And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because
now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time
of the day or night!

On another note, I'm feeling a lot better. Still in pain, and missing doing craft like crazy, but most of the swelling has gone and I should be getting a fibre-glass cast tomorrow - YAY!

5 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Yummo! I don't know how you can cope with no crafting...eeeekkkk!
Hope it's getting better.

Liesl said...

That cake is hugely popular in our house at the moment. Last weekend we made 4 in a row. Its great to make with a toddler who has a limited attention span at the baking stage!

Hope that break is knitting back together really fast for you.

Little Miss Flossy said...

My 10 year olds whipped up a batch of these on Sunday night... very yummy.

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

Sounds simply heavenly! I adore the cup and saucer you used! I pray the pain lessens to none soon! So glad your keeping your spirits up! God Bless Marion

Anonymous said...

I want to try that cake. Sounds divine. So glad you are doing a little better and hope that soon you will be fully healed and back to your crafting. I love your patterns. Yesterday evening I finished knitting your "Crazy Daisy".

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors