Wednesday 29 April 2009

made | neat little wristlets


I am loving these neat little fabric bracelets. I based them on the pattern made by jchandmade's tutorial found free on her blog, changing the shape and the method that they are buttoned together, by using hand-sewn loops rather than hair tie elastic. :) You can find a neat tutorial on how to sew button loops on the ysolda blog.

The one I am wearing in the photograph was made out of an old linen teatowel that little miss flossy sent me last year. It was super scary to cut into, but I've decided these little wristlets are a great way to show off and use your favourite fabric. The fabric is not much use hiding away in piles in my craft room!!

As a sideline, I discovered it is very difficult to try and take photographs of your own wrist... The little fabric wristlet is so much better in person, believe me! :)

What do you think?! Cool or not?

3 comments:

Mary Nanna said...

cool, definitely cool, and way better use of a tea towel than on dishes!

CurlyPops said...

I definitely think they're cool. I made some similar ones using snaps as closures.

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

Very cool!!! Is there any free directions out there?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors