Wednesday 16 January 2008

Op Shoppin!

cool accidental photo of finds

Well, today was the most utterly awesome experience, only slightly better than going thrift store buying with my sister Bec's - that was, I thought hard to top!

I just LOVE Papakura for the sheer amount of cool crafty stuff you can get in one place! I may just move there, you know! As it is it's only around 15 minutes drive away!

Anyway, on to the good stuff - my finds! (Photo's follow in no particular order...)

5 chocolate moulds - yum yum! I have been making chocolates for years now! Ever since I left home and bought my first mould. Well, actually, the first time I made chocolates was with my good friend, Kathleen's mould's. Anyway, I digress...


Lot's of great crafting book's and magazines.
Let's see, I got a cool Creative Feltcraft book, written in the year of my birth (1972, for all of you not in the know!). How to make Soft Toys & Dolls, also containing some rather spectacular crafting from the seventies. I am reliving my childhood I tell you! This particular book has a really awesome fabric Matryoshka Doll. I will try to remember to scan the picture of that in - it's certainly a must to make! Working with Paper, which I bought thinking the girls might be able to get creative in the last few weeks of their holiday. It's full of lot's of easy paper craft. I have been wanting a knitting dictionary for a little while now, especially since I've begun to get creative with the dishcloth's - knitting dishcloth's is a fantastic way to try out new stitches. I discovered this little book on the counter at the Make-a-wish shop, someone else had just decided not to buy it! Mon Tricot Knitting Dictionary; 900 stitches patterns - the only thing more to say about it is - WOW! I also got, in no particular order, and only typing a list cos' I'm tired of writing; fontana socks for the family on 2 needles, Stitchcraft magazine No 405, Stitchcraft magazine No 414, Enid Gilchrist's Pinnies 'n' Things - think APRON HEAVEN!, Woman's World Magazine 28 July 1976 - awesome doll's knitting.

One very sweet apron - I'm wearing it as I type - I just LOVE it so - not sure when I would wear it otherwise as I wouldn't want to stain it!

4 balls of cotton, 2 packets of bias binding, white ric-rac; yay, yay, yay - triple yay!

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors