Friday 20 June 2008

Dishsoap Sack

I have been using pure soap (think Sunlight soap) for washing my dishes for about 8 weeks now. My first soap has finally finished, and so I decided I needed to make a new soap sack. They work fairly well, and are better for the environment than the liquid you buy at the supermarket. Less nasty chemicals.

The pattern is very very simple. Basically, all you need to do is knit a rectangle and sew up the seams. :)

the sack ready to have it's ends sewn up

This is the pattern I used to fit the sunlight soap. Cast on 22 stitches with 5.5mm needles. Work in basic knit for 26 rows. Sew up side seam, turn right side out and insert the soap. Sew up end seams and there you have it!

the old used sack

2 comments:

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

you are so smart! I love it! Marion

CurlyPops said...

I love this one....it would make a great gift with some nice scented soap

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors