Friday 15 May 2009

Favourite things Friday...


Queen Anne teacup and antique brass tea strainer that I got on retreat last weekend. :) The teacups cost $1 for 3 cup and saucer sets and the tea strainer cost $5!!!

Fun, and now I'm off to use them because my good friend Jenny-Lee has turned up with mallowpuffs and tea!!!! SCORE! ;)

Postscript; Just discovered that the tea strainer was probably made between 1880 and 1920. How awesome is that, the lady that sold it to me said it was old - I just didn't figure it to be that old!

Also, just polished it up a little and it looks like it's silver plated. What a find... I'm going to be using it regularly, mainly because I really needed a tea-strainer now. Tea tastes just that much better from a pot.

2 comments:

Gail said...

!!!! I have tea strainer envy!!!!!

ooglebloops said...

I started collecting tea strainers and all things tea - that is a great find!!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors