Tuesday 27 January 2009

chooks...

Last Friday, I posted about how much I love the fresh eggs my chooks lay for us. Then, we had a 3 day drought of no eggs at all, murphy's law I guess. Paisley Jade commented on that post that her chicken's weren't laying either, and I began to wonder if there was something going on that I didn't know about...


Then today they began laying again and we had 2 very beautiful brown eggs! YUM! Aimee had them for her lunch... Nothing quite like eating eggs laid that very same day!

BTW, Kristy, I have no idea what type of chickens we have - they're just ordinary brown feathered chooks that we got when the girls had calf club day at their school. :)

UPDATE; After Little Miss Flossy's comment I now believe that my chickens are Rhode Island Red's :)



If you want to know more about the giveaway or want to enter some more take a look at the gypsy caravan! At the time of writing this post, there are over 600 giveaway's going on. WOW!!

6 comments:

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

soo soo cool to have fresh eggs! Huggs Marion

Little Miss Flossy said...

Fresh eggs are one of the things I miss most about living in the country, we had lots of chooks and the kids got pocket money from selling the eggs (Amazing what townies will pay for 6 organic free range eggs!) Are they Rhode Island Reds? Google image and see...

PaisleyJade said...

Ha - ours have started laying again too!! Wow - rhode island reds are great... we don't have any though.

Thimbleanna said...

It's so fun to see pictures of all those eggs. I wish we could have them -- I'd love to have fresh eggs. Fun to see the new garden you're building too -- especially since we're still buried in snow!

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Those are gorgeous eggs, I bet they are delicious.

tsduff said...

You know, most chickens take a break from laying during the winter, and start up again in the spring. I love the brown eggs from my Brahma hens.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors