Tuesday 3 November 2009

new | ruched brooches...

Something new for the markets...


These are so fun to make, and after a quick trip down to the local fabric shop I was able to finish them by sewing on the brooch back.

Before we go any further, I must tell you all about the saga of my brooch backs. I jokingly told my daughter that I bet I'd find the ones I'd misplaced in the shift, if I bought some this afternoon, and...

sure enough, I found them whilst looking for more fabric to ruch into brooches in my craftroom! I've been looking for them for 3 months now, and if I'd known that just buying some more would help me find them - I'd have done it sooner. Either that, or I need better organisational skills!!

Do you have a story like that to share? Tell me about it by commenting below. :)

D.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Ah yes, that's the classic. Sometimes I pretend I'm going to buy the item in question again in the hopes the first one will turn up. It doesn't work - you have to fork out the money for the magic to happen. What have I had to do recently...buy a whole bunch more underwear elastic because the first lot went missing. It turned up last week exactly where it should have been and I have no idea how I missed it the first time around. I also lost the pattern to a stuffed bunny I'd made, redrafted it, and then found the original shortly after - as expected.

Jodz said...

I have seen these brooches in real life and they are soooo gorgeous. Very funny about the brooch backs. Now you'll have to make heaps more brooches to use them up.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors