Friday 10 July 2009

Favourite things Friday...

At the moment, I could write a book about all the un-favourite things in my life, but instead, I think I'll just show you something that's become a new favourite.

As you know, if you keep up with my blog, my mum passed away two weeks ago.  My eldest sister had to travel all the way from the UK.  A not so easy feat, especially with a 14 hour layover in Dubai - YUCK!  She couldn't get here until 6 days after mum died, she'd already booked her ticket and it was going to be mucho deniro to change the ticket.  While she was preparing for the journey, my wonderful sister, Paula, bought each of us (her sisters) a beautiful silver locket with pictures of both Mum and Dad in them.  So very thoughtful, and it has been a great source of comfort during this terrible time of grief.  Thanks Paula!


Hope your Friday is treating you well...

D.

6 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Beautiful!!

ittybittyandpretty said...

forever in and close to your heart...
xxrosey

fluffnstuff said...

My sympathys to you and your family

Katidids said...

What a wonderful gift for you all to share

Jessi said...

i am so sorry... how lucky you are to have beautiful sisters to love and cherish and what a special gift to have hanging close to your heart at such a sad time!

x

Julia said...

What a wonderful gift. I wouldn't have thought of that, but I will remember the idea for when I need a very special something for very special people!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors