Saturday 27 June 2009

Blessed Assurance

My Mum passed away on Thursday afternoon at around 4pm. I was lucky to be there when she passed away, and she will be missed terribly by me. How hard to imagine life without her.

She was a follower of Jesus, and I know that there's a party going on in heaven right now, but I miss her. Alot. Her death was a shock, unexpected, even though she was ill.

Yesterday morning, I woke up with this old hymn in my head. I didn't know any of the words, except for the title - Blessed Assurance.


From wikipedia;


vs.1
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long;
this is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.


vs.2
Perfect submission, perfect delight!
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
(Refrain)

vs.3
Perfect submission, all is at rest!
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with his goodness, lost in His love.
(Refrain)

Thank you for your ongoing prayers and support.

D.

Postscript;
It would have been my mothers 58th birthday today. Not sure how to handle anything. Just living moment to moment.

19 comments:

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

my heart goes out to you and prayers to you and your family. i do know how you feel and please rest assured that you will be with her again one day. praying for comfort for you ♥

Cristina Salgueiro said...

I'm so sorry about your lost.It is always hard to lose someone so close. My prayers are with you and your family. Keep well.

Mary Nanna said...

I'm so sorry - the death of a parent is such a major life event. Sincere condolences.

Jacqui said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your mum. Even knowing a person is ill doesn't prepare you for the shock and pain when it happens. My thoughts are with you and your family.

PaisleyJade said...

I so wish I could give you a hug... when my brother passed away I lived in a numb daze for days... you will get through it - I am so grateful for hope in Christ.

The Bowlin's said...

wow d reading all these comments makes me see how many friends you have in your circle to support you. keep writing your feeling here if you need to. i am sure none of us will mind reading, weeping and grieving with you. thats what friends do right!!!!!!! let us know how the girls and mr. sew funky are coping and how we can pray. luv becca

CurlyPops said...

Oh Dione, I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been keeping up with your news on Facebook. My thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to get through the days. I will be praying for you.

Gail said...

I am so sad for you. I pray the you will be able to shelter in the loving arms of Jesus.... That hymn is a favourite of my fathers..It's brought me to tears.

ginnyadkinsphoto said...

I am so sorry!

A said...

Angel hugs to you! I pray she did not suffer as she went to meet our Lord. You will be with her one day so it's not goodbye forever. May God wrap His arms of comfort around you and your family as you go through this difficult time.
In His name,
Angela

Angela D. said...

Sorry about the loss of your mom.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dione,
Hope today was OK. Being busy is good. I am thinking of you and your Dad and sisters all the time. Hope you are feeling strong in the midst of it all.
I haven't heard that hymn for ages, must have been one Grandma liked, I remember my Mum humming it.
Big hugs.
Rach

Julia said...

Beautiful hymn. i'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers are being said for you and your family.

jacksta said...

((((((hugs))))))) sorry about your loss :(

banban said...

Thinking of you and your family.
xx

Sandy in Buenos Aires said...

I'm really sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.
Hugs

Sue said...

Dione, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. I lost my mother almost 2 years ago to the day, so I know the bewildered way you must be feeling at this moment. Just trust in God and you will be OK.

Anonymous said...

D, I too am a motherless mum (5 years) and feel your pain and sorrow. Be kind to yourself over the coming months, and as much as you need to be there for lots of other people, do what you need to for YOU.

Accept the offers of kindness from your friends and relatives even if it feels hard at first (because they'll stop after a while, and that's when you will need it!)

Thinking of you.

Lynda
x

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors