Saturday 25 April 2009

Anzac Day!


Today is Anzac Day here in NZ and in Australia!

From Wikipedia: Anzac Day marks the anniversary of the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War.[1] The acronym ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps, whose soldiers were known as Anzacs. Anzac Day remains one of the most important national occasions of both Australia and New Zealand.[2] This is a rare instance of two sovereign countries not only sharing the same national day, but making reference to both countries in its name.

Having a quiet day at home with the girls.  We've lost one but gained another, as Aimee is at respite and Briahna has her best friend over for a sleep-over!  Quiet is not really a word I should be using for the day though, but at least it's all happy noise.  Let me tell you, 9 year old girl's sure can talk and GIGGLE! :)

1 comment:

PaisleyJade said...

Hope you have a great day... I'm thinking of making some Anzac biscuits with the kids. xK

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors