Friday 6 March 2009

pot scrubbing...

Boy, do I hate scrubbing pots! But, when you cook your dog's food think, stuck to the bottom rice! You know that someone's gonna have to clean the gunk, and in my house it's probably going to be me...

In the interest of being frugal and handmade, last year I made a knitted pot scrubber. Boy it was hard on the fingers, and I never want to knit one again! I never knew knitting could hurt so much! It's the tulle - you see.


So I decided that I would try crocheting one... It's super easy, and works even better than the knitted one!

I just crocheted a little circle with some cotton yarn and some strips of tulle - it's not so pretty, and bare in mind this is my first one!


I don't think I could write out the pattern, because I'm no crochet expert, but it's a fairly basic circle. :)

Now, I'm off to scrub that pot!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is an awesome idea! I am currently looking for a good pattern to use as a pot-scrubber for my mom for mothers day -- although I'm looking to make something a little thicker than that. Right now my eye is on Tawashi knots - is this the type of scrubber that you had knitted?

sewfunky said...

Hi Miss-Knit, I used the pattern on Berlins Whimsy blog - http://adjix.com/dhvq

It's a rectangle scrubbie, knitted in plain knit. Super easy pattern, but very hard on the fingers!

I think you could make it thicker by using thicker cotton yarn...

:)

Anonymous said...

Because I would NEVER wash the dishes...

PaisleyJade said...

Wow - great idea for scrubbing pots! What sort of dog do you have?

Jodz said...

Looks good and practical. I used manderine and orange bags (the mesh ones) in my pot scrubber.

Deb Robertson Writes said...

Hi Dione,
Just popping in to visit and say thanks so much for sending me the lovely fabric in the Sew Mama Sew Swap. It's a fun way to get some new fabric and to visit some new blogs!

Hugs
deb :)

Kathy C in Indiana said...

I like using a yarn called phentex for pot scrubbers. They are much softer and still do a pretty good job.

Anonymous said...

A comment from etsy;

Sent by judith on March 06, 2009:

Hi: I'm too low tech to figure out how to comment on your blog, but I do have a hint for you. An old camping trick is to fill your food stuck pot about half full of water, add at least a cup of regular vinegar and a few drops of dish soap, bring just to the simmer and then turn off the heat and let it sit for an hour or so. The gunk should slide right out. Really bad pots may need to sit longer, but that simply means that you have more time to do something you like. Hope this helps. Judi

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors