Friday 7 November 2008

the big project | quilt

I've started a new project, a flannelette quilt. My good friend Becca has one that I've cuddled up to before, and so I felt I really needed one. Alas, I have a limited bank account and couldn't afford to go out and purchase all the materials. So this is a quilt done on the cheap. I found some really awesome flanelette offcuts at Mr Bo Jumbles the other day, found an old sheet and began the work in ernest! It's taking shape now, but here are a couple of sneak peeks...


It's been keeping me fairly busy, and I haven't had much time to read blogs or surf the internet. Which is probably a good thing.

I am so looking forward to it being finished, so I can cuddle into it while watching DVD's with the hubby!

2 comments:

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

wow love the colors! I have never made a quilt so let me know how hard/easy it is you always inspire me!!! Huggs Marion

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

And by the way sweetie you have to go to my blog and read since your blog name is mentioned in my latest post!!! God Bless and thanks for the idea!!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors