Wednesday 17 September 2008

I'm in a "purple haze"

Today's post is brought to you by the colour purple... ;)


I was interested in finding out about the song, purple haze and I discovered this on wikipedia:
"Hendrix said he was inspired by a dream where he was walking under the sea. In the dream, he said a purple haze surrounded him, engulfed him and got him lost. It was a traumatic experience, but in his dream his faith in Jesus saved him. An early song manuscript has the title "Purple Haze, Jesus Saves". He also mentioned that the song's colorful imagery came to him in the dream. "I dream a lot and I put a lot of my dreams down as songs" in a 1969 interview."
interesting...

I also discovered that purple haze is another name for drugs (LSD & Cannabis), beer, a wrestler and a tv episode on Eureka!

You'll know why I'm in a purple haze when you spy the next picture. I chose the colour purple for my fibre-glass cast for Aimee (my very own purple lover!). Also, it goes very nicely with this blog layout - hehehe! This is for you babe...


There were about 30 different colours to choose from including a very fluorescent pink and black! Only 5 weeks to go, the countdown begins!!! LOL!

1 comment:

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

Huggs hon! Purple what a beautiful choice. And an interesting story. Hope the 5 wks pass quickly for you! God Bless Marion

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors