Monday 31 March 2008

Free Pattern; Knitted Basket

Finally, here it is; the knitted basket prototype. I am sure that it could look better if I made another one, and I probably will, but I thought I would post the pattern I made. Perhaps, some of you could make it whilst I procrastinate... ;)

You need;
1 ball of cotton yarn
1 set 4 mm double pointed needles
Yarn needle

You begin at the centre and work outward. Make sure that you don't twist the stitches at the beginning. :)

Cast on 8 stitches. Divide them between the needles.

Rnd 1 and all odd rows: Knit.
At the beginning of row 2, join the knitting into a circle.
Rnd 2: *K1, YO* to end. (16 stitches)
Rnd 4: *K2, YO* to end. (24 stitches)
Rnd 6: *K3, YO* to end. (32 stitches)
Rnd 8: *K4, YO* to end. (40 stitches)
Rnd 10: *K5, YO* to end. (48 stitches)
Rnd 12: *K6, YO* to end. (56 stitches)
Rnd 14: *K7, YO* to end. (64 stitches)
Rnd 16: *K8, YO* to end. (72 stitches)
Rnd 18:
*K9, YO* to end. (80 stitches)
Rnd 20:
*K10, YO* to end. (88 stitches)
Rnd 22:
*K11, YO* to end. (96 stitches)
*Rnd 24: Knit. Rnd 25: Purl.* Repeat for next 10 rows (or as high as you want the basket). Then knit 6 rows and cast off knit wise. This makes a nice curled edge! :)

This is what the bottom looks like...
Let me know if you make one! I would love to see what they turn out like.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

This looks great!!! Can't wait to give the pattern a go, thankyou for sharing...

Jodie ;)

LadyOutlaw said...

This pattern looks great!
I have made several knitted baskets in the last few months, the first was for my cats, and then other cat people wanted them.
The pattern I wrote is entirely different, I am looking forward to seeing how they work out with a much more decorative bottom!
Thanks!
~Lady~

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

My Etsy Store

Check out my sister's creativity

Come join in the giveaways... Jan 25th

Photo

Followers

Film Guide

Calendar

I am Loving...

Sew Translatable

I'm a faraway brown owl!

Brown Owls

taking a little stand...

Visitors